Saturday, October 3, 2009

Big Country Chronicles: 'Look Away'

Who changed? Was it Big Country or me? Quite a bit of time passed between the release of the band's second and third albums (Oct. 19, 1984-July 14, 1986, to be exact). Perhaps that's why my excitement for 'The Seer' was tempered a bit. I know my musical tastes had broadened during those 21 months, and every cent I could get my hands on went for new records. I also think, however, 'The Seer' just wasn't as good as the band's previous work, but don't tell that to their UK fans. The album shot all the way to No. 2 and produced three Top 30 singles. 'The Seer' did a little better than 'Steeltown' in the U.S., but it still only made it to No. 59. No singles sniffed the Top 40 here either, but this one should have. "Look Away", for me, marks their last great single.

Big Country - Look Away (Extended Version) (mp3)
Big Country - Look Away (Album Version) (mp3)

See Also:
Big Country Chronicles: 'Just a Shadow'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Where the Rose Is Sown'
Big Country Chronicles: 'East of Eden'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Wonderland'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Chance'
Big Country Chronicles: 'In A Big Country'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Fields of Fire'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Harvest Home'

No comments: