Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Big Country Chronicles: 'The Teacher'

This second single from 'The Seer' was released on June 9, 1986, about one month before the LP hit the stores. Sadly, this song marks the first time I was ever disappointed by a Big Country release. Over the years, the song has grown on me, but it has never really been a part of the multiple Big Country mixes I have made. By the time 'The Seer' was finally released later that summer, I was already feeling apprehensive about my favorite band. Like all of the singles before it, Big Country had another Top 30 hit on its hands (in the UK), but my intuition turned out to be justified. Other than 'Look Away' and the next single I will showcase, the album was a disappointment to me.

Big Country - The Teacher (12" Version) (mp3)
Big Country - The Teacher (Album Version) (mp3)

See Also:
Big Country Chronicles: 'Look Away'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Just a Shadow'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Where the Rose Is Sown'
Big Country Chronicles: 'East of Eden'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Wonderland'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Chance'
Big Country Chronicles: 'In A Big Country'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Fields of Fire'
Big Country Chronicles: 'Harvest Home'

No comments: