Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish Ears Are Smiling

I could care less that it's St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish. I don't go to bars. That pretty much it, right? This is, however, as good a day as any to celebrate some great music from Ireland. Now, I know I'm supposed to go all Celtic/folk/'Riverdance' on you this holiday, but that's not what this blog is about. Stomp your feet to these instead, Flatley. By the way, did you know that 'Riverdance' dude is from Chicago? Anyway, in no particular order, here are my top 10 Irish acts. Be safe out there... and enjoy the mix.

The Waterboys - A Girl Called Johnny (mp3) (from my vinyl!)
Van Morrison - Sweet Thing (mp3)
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks (mp3)
The High Llamas - Ill-fitting Suits (mp3)
The Divine Comedy - Absent Friends (mp3)
Stiff Little Fingers - Love Of The Common People (mp3)
My Bloody Valentine - Sometimes (mp3)
Pogues - Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah (Long Version) (mp3)
U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One (mp3)
The Boomtown Rats - She's So Modern (mp3) (from my vinyl!)

Bonus: The Thrills - Whatever Happened To Corey Haim? (mp3)
Now we know. R.I.P.

No comments: