Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Robyn Hitchcock News

It has only been a week since I posted about new Robyn Hitchcock, but now I see he has properly announced his new album, 'Propellor Time,' will be out March 22 on Sartorial Records. I absolutely loved 'Goodnight Oslo.' It was No. 19 on my list of favorite albums of 2009. His backing band then, the Venus 3, returns for this one. That's Scott McCaughey (of Young Fresh Fellows) on bass, Bill Rieflin on drums (formerly of Ministry and Revolting Cocks) and Peter Buck (of R.E.M.) on 12 string and acoustic guitars. Other musicians who stopped by include Johnny Marr, John Paul Jones and Nick Lowe. You can pre-order it over at the Yep Roc store. Enjoy the brand-new video for "Ordinary Millionaire" below. This one was co-written with Lowe and has me really excited about the release.

No comments: