Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Jens Lekman, Ladies and Gentlemen

It has been three long years since we have heard from Swedish songwriter Jens Lekman, but he has finally posted a new song. It's called "The End of the World Is Bigger Than Love" (figures, eh?), and you can grab it below. If you are a regular visitor here, you know that one of his songs, "Rocky Dennis Farewell Song To The Blind Girl," took the No. 1 spot on my Top Tracks of the Decade list. High praise, indeed. So, needless to say, I'm pretty excited about this one. Lekman's label, Secretly Canadian, has a lot of good music cookin' right now. I'm completely in love with the Here We Go Magic tune "Collector." If I would have heard it earlier, it would have been on my best songs of the year (so far) list that I put out at the beginning of the month.

One last thing. You may have noticed I have not been checking in as much lately. My family is in the midst of a 2,000-mile move. So, I'm going to have to disappear for a bit. Come back in a couple of weeks for more great music discussion. Same bat time, same bat channel.









No comments: