Friday, July 1, 2011

Nick Lowe to Open for Wilco

The blogosphere is buzzing with Wilco news. You can hear new songs, see the new album cover with tracklist and, yes, peruse concert dates. All of this is pretty exciting. I have, in fact, seen Wilco at least a half dozen times, but I have only seen Nick Lowe once... and that was way back in 1998 at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. So, forgive me if I place all of this Wilco stuff on the back burner to pass on the news that Nick Lowe is opening for Wilco on several dates this fall to support his new album. I wrote about that a couple of weeks ago. You can see the Lowe/Wilco dates here. Let's celebrate with some live music from my vast catalog of Lowe shows.

Rockpile - Heart of the City (mp3) (Live in London, 1977)
Rockpile - So It Goes (mp3) (Live in Boston, 1979)
Nick Lowe - Raging Eyes (mp3) (Live in New Haven, 1983)
Nick Lowe - Half a Boy and Half a Man (mp3) (Live in Paris, 1984)
Nick Lowe - Without Love (mp3) (Live in Chicago, 1995)
Nick Lowe - True Love Travels on a Gravel Road (mp3) (Live in Austin, 1998)

No comments: