Monday, November 28, 2011

12 Inches of Love: INXS Edition (Part 2)

More than two years ago, I posted a couple of my favorite extended versions of INXS songs with the promise that it wouldn't be the last time the band visited the blog. Other than a mention of the excellent 'Rocking the Royals' release this past spring, I more or less lied... until today. Here are a few 'Kick'-era extended mixes. As I have mentioned before, I love INXS, but 'Kick,' for me, is their last great LP. The Mendolsohn mix can be found on the second disc of the out-of-print deluxe edition of the album, and the Ben Liebrand version shows up on the UK 12" single of "Mystify," the fifth and final single from the album. The mix of "Devil Inside" appears on a few versions of the "Mystify" single, including the same UK 12" I just mentioned, as well as the UK and German CD singles. I have enough INXS remixes for a part three. So, look for that at some point. Let's take a trip to 1987, shall we?

INXS - Devil Inside (Extended Mix) (mp3)
INXS - Need You Tonight (Ben Liebrand Mix) (mp3)
INXS - Need You Tonight (Mendelsohn Extended Mix) (mp3)

No comments: