Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Darling Buds Just Before They Blossomed


Fans of the Darling Buds seem to fall into two camps. Some enjoy the fuzzy C86 sounds of the early singles on Native Records and the first album, 'Pop Said.' Others are smitten with the lush dreamlike sounds found on 'Erotica.' Clearly, Andrea and the fellas were listening to a lot of Cocteau Twins at the time, but I digress. If you visit here often, it will come as no surprise I'm more into the C86 stuff, but I'm proof it's possible to respect both ends of the band's career. If you're about only the Darling Buds circa '92, it's probably because you find 'Pop Said' simple and immature. If I wasn't so simple and immature myself, I would be offended. Enjoy the first single.

The Darling Buds - If I Said (mp3)

No comments: