Friday, August 9, 2013

The Bicycles Are Back

In case you missed it, as I did until just a few days ago, here's a little PSA. I thought Toronto's the Bicycles had put it in park permanently. There hadn't been a new album since the wonderful 'Oh No, It's Love' back in 2008. I would do Internet searches on them from time to time, but after so many years, I had given up hope on any news. Turns out they kicked the tires in 2012 with a little reunion that turned into a new album that came out this past spring. I couldn't be happier with the results. Lots of the band's usual indie pop is here, but there are a couple of numbers that might make you think they have grown up a bit. Give 'Stop Thinking So Much' a listen below, and then order it here in the format of your choice. This one will have you doing pop a wheelies.

Related: Top 100 Tracks of the Decade No. 100-No. 76
Related: First Listen: The Balconies

No comments: