Thursday, December 24, 2015

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, my nine-year-old son believes in Santa, and the photo above is the letter he got back the other day from the big man himself. I'm thankful there are still volunteers out there making sure kids who take the time to write get a little something in the mail. He's never been so excited to see what will be under the tree when he comes down Christmas morning, and I'm pretty excited that he's so excited, you know?

Maybe there is something from this little mix that will help you with your holiday mood. I listened to all of these while baking cookies with the family this evening, and a good time was had by one and all. I hope you find an album under your tree this Christmas, or at least a 7" in in your stocking. Happy holidays to you all!


Apples in Stereo - "Holiday Mood"
Freedy Johnston - "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
NRBQ - "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas"
Solomon Burke - "Presents For Christmas"
The Wedding Present - "Step Into Christmas"

9 comments:

drew said...

My 6 yr old still believes and was absolutely overwhelmed when he received a video message from Santa. The other one stopped believing the Christmas after he started school. I hope |Leo is still believing when he's nine.

All the best to you and your's Brian. Eat, drink and be merry.

George said...

Brian, absolutely brilliant, Jo and I both loved the letter. Warms your heart.
Hope your kids have a great day.

George said...

And the Solomon Burke song is superb

Ian Balentine said...

Happy Holidays to you also, Brian!

TheRobster said...

Nadolig Llawen, Brian.

Echorich said...

Here's to a wonderful Christmas to all and an exciting New Year!

Scott said...

Happy Christmas Brian to you and your family.

Luca said...

Buon Natale, Brian. This has been a great year for the blog!

The Swede said...

Hi Brian. I'm just playing catch up on a few posts I missed over the festive period. I hope you and your family (particularly your Son) had a truly wonderful Christmas.
I have a real soft spot for the Weddoes Elton cover.