Thursday, June 9, 2016

Who Will Lift the Silverware?

Let's warm up for Euro 2016 with an anthem for the ages from the Popguns. It's called "Red White & Blue." Who knew the Pickles Family were so into the Croatian national football team? Obviously, I'm being cheeky.* They are from Brighton, for Christ's sake. You may remember me posting this song a couple of years ago, but as Simon said on the band's Facebook page last week, "it was too late for the World Cup in 2014 - we assumed England would stay in longer!" This one is jolly good fun, and maybe someday fans worked up to a lather will sing it right along with chants like "England Till I Die." If your country is on the pitch in the coming days, may your squad find the back of the net. I can say that since I don't have a dog in this race.

*But you have to check out Croatia's red, white and blue unis when they battle Turkey on Sunday. You'll wonder where these jockeys parked their horses.

8 comments:

Charity Chic said...

What is this Euro 16 I hear people talk about?

Dirk said...

CC, that's an event where everyone struggles really hard and in the end Germany wins it!

TheRobster said...

On penalties, Dirk...

Brian said...

Oh, snap!

Dirk said...

On whatever, Robster, you'll wait and see, you doubting Thomas ... and whatever 'Oh, snap!' might mean, (perhaps) you too, Brian!

Brian said...

Hey Dirk. It actually was a little dig, but I wouldn't bet against your boys.

The Swede said...

I hoped that I'd find a fellow footie-free zone over here Brian - no such luck it appears! Top tune though.

Brian said...

You would think so, Swede. Sorry about that. At least I'm not obsessing about my beloved Chicago Cubs on these pages... as much as I want to. That would put you Europeans right to sleep. I'm enjoying their finest season in my lifetime right now.